Frequently Asked Questions
• Artwork is hand-painted on high-quality cotton watercolor paper
• All the materials used in the painting process are archival, which means your pieces will last forever.
How it works:
• At the bottom of the order form please upload photo reference of your home.
• Visit our FAQ section to learn more about providing a great reference photo.
• Once your painting is complete we will follow up with a photo of the piece for review.
• If you'd like to send us a photo to review prior to ordering please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Orders will typically be shipped within three weeks.
• Let us know of any specific deadlines and we will always do our best to accommodate.
• Prints are only available with the purchase of a painting.
• Any prints purchased outside of a painting purchase will be refunded.
• Please contact the studio if you'd like a print of a previously purchased portrait.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Do you work from a photograph?
A: Yes, at checkout we ask that you include a photo of your home or pet that is as clear and as straight on as possible. Feel free to send a few. In order to get the best resolution, it’s best to avoid sending screenshots of photos or photos pulled off of the internet.
Q: How can I take a great photo for reference?
A: The best photos are generally taken when a house or pet is lit from the front or above. Please make sure your photo includes the entire facade of the home or entire body of your pet. Please also make sure it includes accurate colors and all the details you’d like in the painting. Pull cars out of the driveway and remove any debris or objects that might obstruct the view. Hold your camera steady by keeping your elbows close to your body.
Q: Do I need a professional photographer?
A: No, you should be able to take a photo of your home or pet on your smartphone or point-and-shoot camera.
Q: There is something obstructing my home or pet in my photo, can you still paint it?
A: Sometimes! If you have a question about the viability of your photo please send us an email through our contact form.. We will get back to you within a day or two.
Q: I’m not sure if my photo is clear enough, can you look at it?
A: Of course! If you have a question about the viability of your photo please send us an email through our contact form. We will get back to you within a day or two.
Q: Are home portraits painted on canvas?
A: We do not paint on canvas, but on 140 lb cold-press watercolor paper that is made of 100% cotton. This paper is perfect for use with our archival watercolors and is archival itself, which means it will last for years without ever yellowing.
Q: Do you sell frames with your portraits?
A: We do not frame portraits in-house, but have a special partnership with our local friends at MFC Authentics & Framing. They offer all of our customers 10% off online orders with the code MRS. Please visit their online frame shop: onlineframing.mfcauthenticsandframing.com to use their special interface for picking out a perfect frame. Once you place an online order please let us know, and we can drop your piece off to them for framing and shipping.
Q: How long do home portraits take to paint?
A: Due to our volume of orders please give us about three weeks to complete & ship your piece. Please leave us a note about any specific deadline and we will do our best to accommodate.
Q: Do you paint people?
A: We do occasionally paint people. If you are looking to order another type of portrait please send us an email through our contact form.
Q: I want to buy a print/cards based on a painting I had previously ordered, can I do that?
A: Please email or chat with us and we will do our best to accommodate.
Q: I’d like to order a size than isn't offered at checkout, is that possible?
A: We can accommodate large & custom sizes upon request. Please reach out to us for more details.